Updated on Friday 11th March 2022
This sets forth the terms of your agreement with Look at our World. The term “Look at our World” includes its subsidiaries Terminology:
- Referred to as ”US” – Look at our World, LAOW, Nomadic Brits, Owners, Partners, Total Travel TAG, Lee and Tina, Lee Webber, Tina Webber.
- Referred to as ”WE” – Look at our World, LAOW, Nomadic Brits, Owners, Partners, Total Travel TAG.
- Referred to as ”OUR/S” – Look at our World, LAOW, Nomadic Brits, Total Travel TAG.
- Referred to as “YOU” – Contributor, Writer, Submitter.
- Referred to as “WORK” – Work, Article, Text, Submission, Words, Pictures, Photos, Content, Item, Images.
- Referred to as “DUE DATE” – This will be the deadline for that specific issue in which you will be submitting work to us. This will be outlined in additional documentation once the submission opens for that specific issue.
All terms above are interchangeable. Content: We will provide you with a platform to publish content, whether written, video or other format that we see fit, as amended from time-to time, attached hereto and incorporated herein (the “Work”) for publication by us. We reserve the right to edit and/or amend any work submitted; Grant of Rights/License: In consideration of us publishing your content, you grant us the following rights/license in the Work:
- Worldwide rights to publish in full or in part any or all print and electronic editions or versions of our publications, including domestic and foreign, whether in the English language or translated into a foreign language, including any successor, similar or replacement versions thereof;
- The right to use the Work as it appears in the Publications in advertising and promoting us, its publications and/or its products as well as the right to excerpt and create teasers and summaries of the Work;
- The right to use the work in whole or in part on our website(s);
- The right to publish, republish, store, all or any portion of the Work in any language and in any country;
- The right to publish the Work in whole or in part in a print or electronic edition of an anthology and in an electronic database;
- The right to use your name and likeness in a fair and dignified manner and to publish information about you in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Publications;
Delivery of the Work: You deliver your work to us based on our submission process only. We shall not accept any work submitted in any other format. You shall deliver to us the complete manuscript of the work, related materials, and written permissions for incorporation in the Work of any copyrighted materials, interviews, and model releases no later than the due date. Editing and Publication of the Work: We have the right to edit or otherwise change the Work. You also agree to promptly make such changes in the work as we may request. We retain the right to accept or reject the work outright or after changes have been made by you and delivered to us. If the work is not delivered to us in satisfactory form, content, and style by the Due Date, we, at our sole discretion, may terminate this agreement. We may choose not to publish the work after it has been accepted by us as unsatisfactory for publication. We also hold the right to pass any work to a third party including but not limited to editors, copywriters, and proof readers. Copyright/Coverage: Except for the rights granted to us hereunder, you retain all rights, including copyright and legal liability in your work. We intend that this agreement shall cover works published in any of the publications after the date of this agreement. Representations and Warranties; Indemnification; Conflict of Interest:
- You represent and warrant that you will be the sole author of the work; that the work will not knowingly contain any untrue statements, material that is deceptive, fraudulent, or intentionally misleading. It will not knowingly invade any right of privacy, violate any right of publicity or infringe upon any statutory or common law copyright, trademark or otherwise violate the rights of any third party, or any applicable law or regulation and that all statements in the work which are asserted as facts are true and/or based upon reasonable research for accuracy.
- You agree to indemnify us against any legal or copyright claim howsoever incurred.
- You agree to cooperate in the defense of any legal action brought against us arising from the publication of your work. You also agree to retain all notes, drafts, and copies relating to the Work for three (3) years from acceptance.
- You agree and represent that you will disclose to us in writing any actual or potential conflict of interest, including but not limited to any financial interest in any product, firm, or commercial venture relating to the subject of the work.
- You agree and represent that you will not use your association with us to advertise or otherwise promote or identify yourself in any speaking engagements or public appearances without the prior written consent of us. In addition, you will not use your association with us to solicit or accept free or discounted gifts or services.
- You agree and represent that you will clear, at your expense, the rights set forth in Section 2 for any third party content you include in the Work. If you do not, you shall not include such content in the Work.
- You shall indemnify us and hold us harmless against any liability, cost or expense including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of any breach of your representations or warranties.
Liability of Content Contributors: We, in its sole discretion, may publish, withdraw, postpone or alter any content you provide. Contributor Guidelines/Conditions: You agree to abide by the terms of the contributor agreement provided to you, as amended from time to time, which are incorporated herein by this reference. You also agree to periodically check the guidelines for any amendments. Note: Your failure to follow the Guidelines/Conditions, particularly those pertaining to copyright infringement, will result in termination of this agreement, and legal action may be taken against you. Relationship of the Parties: Nothing herein shall be construed to create an employer-employee relationship between us and you. You are an independent volunteer and not an employee or agent of ours or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. You have the right to control the means, manner, and method by which you create the work and you assume responsibility for the quality, scope, and accuracy of the Work. All work submitted is on a voluntary basis, therefore no payment shall be given for published or unpublished pieces of work. Term and Termination: This agreement shall remain in effect until terminated by either party upon written notice. All provisions that, by their nature should survive termination, shall survive, including any grant of rights/license and legal liability So by submitting your contribution to us, you agree and adhere to the above agreement.