Deciding that I did not want to jump into the Seine, I took a train from Paris to Nice and decided to test the different beaches along the French Riviera up until Monaco. What can I say? They all have the bluest water, the warmest sun, and very friendly locals.
Tips For Exploring the French Riviera:
- Don’t be afraid of local transport. The trains and buses along the Riviera are only a few euros each way.
- If you are staying in Monaco, eat and sleep in Beausoleil – a town on the French side of the border. It is adjacent to Monte Carlo and 20 times cheaper.
- Prepare for the stairs. The towns along the Riviera are built on cliffs so walking up and down millions of steep stairs is inevitable.
Must Do’s in Nice:
- Dip your feet in Florida Beach
- Grab a drink at Neptune Beach
- Walk the Promenade des Anglais
- Sunbathe at Blue Beach
- Swim in the Plage des Ponchettes
- Go up La Colline du Château for the most incredible view of Nice
- Wander around Vieille Ville
Must Do’s in Monte Carlo:
- Take in the view at Le Rocher and the Port de Fontvieille from the Jardin Exotique
- Explore Monaco’s caves – La Grotte de l’Observatoire
- Visit the Prince’s Palace of Monaco
- Sit by the Port Hercule at nighttime